Featured Post

Yamaha TSR-700 + Jamo S8 Studio Series = Happiness!

Image
Why do we do the things we do?  2020 was a year of change, and like many of you, we had our share of Netflix, Hulu, Plex, and other streaming content.  I even changed over to Gigabit Ethernet from Xfinity with unlimited data.  Why?  Well, we found that we can chew up a LOT of data with streaming, working from home, YouTube, etc. Over the past 20 years, I've always enjoyed movies, music and home theater in general, and trust me - this is not about a $100,000 setup.  I'm all about bang for the buck when it comes to technology.  I found some awesome deals and wanted to share my experience in the process. Near the end of 2020, Adorama.com had a screaming deal on Jamo speakers.  I've heard of Jamo for many years, and know that Klipsch purchased Jamo back in 2005.  I was already running a 5.1 setup with an older Denon AVR-2113ci , JBL S-38II mains, JBL S-Center , JBL N24 rear surrounds, and an Outlaw Audio LFM-1 subwoofer.  It did the job, created the home theater experience w

new bike, new goals, new attitude!

During my weight-loss journey I promised myself to get a bike after 6 months of personal training to further improve my health and mix things up a bit.  I set the goal in May to bike 200 miles, of which I thought I was totally crazy - thinking "I've never biked more than 10 miles at once... at least not intentionally." 

Even as a teenager, I thought riding my bike to the local store and back was a feat - and that was only about 1 mile from my house... my how times have changed!


I'm happy to say that I've put about 230 miles on my new bike in May - so I hit 115% of my goal!

So what's next?  Good question! :D

I hope to continue my path, and add some toys along the way (of course!)  I'm hoping to get some clip-style pedals and some cycling shoes.  I'm also still shopping around for the right pannier and/or bike trunk for smallish things to bring along on longer rides.
I have a new light kit coming this week to be sure that I'm safe during twilight hours (morning and evening) when riding, and I've also ordered a nice Topeak Sprint tire pump to be sure that I'm getting accurate tire pressures for the rides...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yamaha TSR-700 + Jamo S8 Studio Series = Happiness!

Top Intel Desktop Innovations in the Past Year

Intel Is Disrupting the Storage Tier