Featured Post

Yamaha TSR-700 + Jamo S8 Studio Series = Happiness!

Image
Why do we do the things we do?  2020 was a year of change, and like many of you, we had our share of Netflix, Hulu, Plex, and other streaming content.  I even changed over to Gigabit Ethernet from Xfinity with unlimited data.  Why?  Well, we found that we can chew up a LOT of data with streaming, working from home, YouTube, etc. Over the past 20 years, I've always enjoyed movies, music and home theater in general, and trust me - this is not about a $100,000 setup.  I'm all about bang for the buck when it comes to technology.  I found some awesome deals and wanted to share my experience in the process. Near the end of 2020, Adorama.com had a screaming deal on Jamo speakers.  I've heard of Jamo for many years, and know that Klipsch purchased Jamo back in 2005.  I was already running a 5.1 setup with an older Denon AVR-2113ci , JBL S-38II mains, JBL S-Center , JBL N24 rear surrounds, and an Outlaw Audio LFM-1 subwoofer.  It did the job, created the home theater experience w

Getting pumped up - literally!

Well, my wonderful kids got me a giftcard to REI and they had their annual sale in May so I took advantage of the lower prices and grabbed two items I've had my eye on...  for one, a good bike pump is really needed to keep tires inflated to the right pressure or you risk pinch flats (or some call it a snake bite).  So I got the Topeak Joe Blow Sprint floor pump.  It's a bit more than what I wanted to pay, but since I had the gift card - I splurged and am I glad!
As you can see in the picture, the gauge is near the top of the stem - so older folks (like myself) don't have to strain to see the gauge pressure (haha!)  But this is THE best bike pump I've owned!  It's much safer than the air compressor that we were using too!  I was really surprised that my front tire was at 42psi, and the rear was around 55 (recommended is 65 max).  So the front was low - but I had to go by 'feel' previously...

My kids like it too, easy to use, the tube clips into the stem for storage, and the handle even clips to the tube so it doesn't get bent when moving it around.  Great design!  And it does Schrader AND Presta valves!  Woohoo!

If you're looking for a new tire pump, check this one out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yamaha TSR-700 + Jamo S8 Studio Series = Happiness!

Top Intel Desktop Innovations in the Past Year

Intel Is Disrupting the Storage Tier